Friday, September 5, 2014

September 5th- tye dye!


Dyed some fabric and clothes today!

This is about 2 1/2 pots of boiling water, about 1/2 of cup of salt( I didn't measure, I just poured salt into a plastic storage container and brought that outside), and 1 packet of Royal Blue RIT dye from JoAnn Fabrics




Royal Blue!



I let everything sit for about 30 minutes and stirred it about every 10 minutes. I then emptied that out and then added some cold water and let everything sit in that for about 10 minutes. I poured that water out and squeezed the water and any excess dye from all the items and then another cold soak for about 20 minutes.  I hung everything up outside and let them dry before I threw them in to the washing machine and washed them in cold water with detergent.



Left to Right:
-This piece of fabric was a really weird  off-blue color and I didn't really like it. I tied the corners in knots and tossed that into the bucket
-This was a Black and White Zebra print, but now it's this really awesome Blue and Black Zebra print fabric and I can't wait to use it
-The 3rd item over was a white shirt that I had to get for a job. I hate wearing white and so I haven't really worn this shirt since I got it in May, but now it's this awesome marbled blue. I didn't knot or rubberband this, i just threw it in the bucket

So know I have 2 pieces of fabric that I'll be using this month in some projects!

What are you going to make this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

nice things please!
anything that can be considered mean will be deleted!
Have a magical day!!