Skip to main content

Bag for my aunt

So while I was at the beach a month ago with my extended family, my aunt requested a bag(2 actually-one for her and one for my cousin).

I sketched a rough pattern and then added some measurements a couple weeks after I got back and finally this past week I have been able to start sewing the pieces together.




This is the front and one side seen together with the seam being raw on the outside




This is all the sides sewn together(minus one obviously)







All sides sewn together




There is a fleece lining but there will be an actual cotton piece in the inside.




Cute awesome pocket on the front. There is a Velcro closer and so the button is just for show. The pocket is also lined with a darker fabric and has a thin stabilizer in-between. This pocket is not going anywhere













Bottom piece




Used all three colors of threads




Bottom pinned on and ready to be sewn



So you sew the bottom on and then you make the lining the same way(5 pieces in a box shape). I made the pieces a little longer so they can be folded down in the seam. I surged the edges and then you fit the lining in the bag, match everything up, and pin it together. You will need some strap fabric. I bought 45 inches to play with(22ish on each side). Figure out how long you want the straps, and pin them in the seams so they're proportionate to the bag.





Get whatever color top and bobbin thread you want ready and figure out where you want to sew along the edges.

I did 2 lines for stability. 1 so the edge of my pressure foot was along the edge of my fabric and so the needle was all the way to the right and 1 where the edge of the fabric was along the metal plate on my machine which happens to be about an inch away from the first line. But you can do whatever works best for you.

Cut all your threads, make sure everything looks good and viola!




You're done!

Awesome!

I'll try and make a PDF version of this with more technical/ easy to follow directions when Im at an actual computer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Groton's Home for the Holidays- TOMORROW!

Groton's Home for the Holidays event is TOMORROW! I will have a table located in the Masonic Lodge off of Main Street in Groton, NY! Craft Fair is from 1-4! Hope to see you there! What you'll be able to find at my table: Drink Cozies! Fandom Pillow! limited quantity of Pillow Cases( but I can take a custom order and ship them to you!). cute little Tissue Holders! Plus More!!

Farmers Market and Summer Goodies-pt2

I put my heart and my soul into my work and have lost my mind in the process -Vincent Van Gogh  I am going to have to buy another bin to store my completed projects in. Im not sure of the size of my current one, but it's a pretty decent size and it holds everything(so far). They make for great traveling when I go to farmers markets and to family affairs. -- I have decided that I am going to do the farmers market again this year. I was debating for awhile due to Saturday conflicts, but I might as well just do it so I can sell my stuff and get it out there. sooooo, Here is a coupon that you can use! just print it off(it doesn't have to be in color, black ink is fine) and come to Lansing Farmers Market on Saturdays starting this Saturday(June 10th) from 9am-12:30p! It's at the Town Hall/Library parking lot (near the baseball fields. Just look for all the tents and orange cones marking off the pedestrian only area. Hope to see you there! PS-everything that I hav

Fandemicon- 7 days away!!

  My next show is next week! Come to Fandemicon in Utica, NY at Utica Public Library from 10am to 5 pm! This is a FREE event and open to all ages!  I'll be in my take of a Captain Marvel cosplay so stop by my table and say hi!