Skip to main content

my back log of projects!


I've been able to work on my backlog of projects recently! I'm almost caught up!

Here's what I've finished in the past couple months that I have pictures of:

The Walking Dead blanket



Used 3 different prints of TWD fleece available at JoAnn fabrics. Each panel is tied together and then the back(solid red) is tied to the front. Blanket measures 2.5 yards. The middle panel is 1 yard and then the top and bottom panel are each .75 yards. Lots of cutting and tying!
(My family are really big TWD fans! Made this for my dad)


Disney center piece and pot holders




These were a birthday gift to one of my Disney friends. The smaller pot holders are made with 2 layers of just regular quilt batting while the center piece uses one. All three items are quilted both ways diagonally and then finished with double fold bias tape.

"Meghan" embroidery hoop



Met up with some extended family for pancakes this past Saturday and celebrated my younger cousins birthday! I used my embroidery machine( I have an embroidery machine now!!) for the name then just a plain sewing machine to add all the buttons! The back is finished off with felt that is blanket stitched on with a ribbon at the top to hang on a wall.

Other projects:
As I just mentioned I recently bought a trade-in embroidery machine. I have been wanting one for some time now and the opportunity presented itself with a reasonable price tag. One of the first projects I made on was a zippered pouch for my sister. It's a simple 2 sided pouch with a felt lining(with seams hidden), a zipper, and 2 tabs on the side below the zipper seam ( one has a key ring for a... keychain? or whatever). Each side has a small embroidery on it.

I was also able to finish a patriotic table mat/center piece( sensing a theme?) which is quilted both ways diagonally and finished off with white double folded bias tape.

I'm working on one other project that's going to be a gift for another family member. I am so close to completing it! But when I'm not working on that I'm making things out of the tons of scraps I have. Like seriously, if you want some scrap fabric( big use-able pieces), let me know and they're yours! I don't have room to keep all these pieces!  But on the other hand, if you know of any projects that require scrap pieces, put  a link in the comment section- I'm always looking around for things to make.


Just in case you want to support a (starving) artist: click here and use code "tumblr" for 15% off

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WTNV (cosplay) skirt

I MADE A SKIRT! I'm going to a live WTNV show this week. It'll be my 2nd show and (75+ podcasts later) I'm really excited! I wanted to make a really easy skirt without a pattern for awhile now and after scouring the interwebs for an hour I found a couple sites with some pretty easy instructions. (you can check them out here and here ).  I didn't want it to be overly complicated- so no zipper or fabric waistband, but I did want a lining and an elastic waistband. I bought some YaYa Han cosplay brocade (the full cosplay line here ) and some purple lining ( the online picture is a crimson- IRL it's a purple that matches the brocade) from Jo-Anns.  I already had some soft  1.5 in elastic from another project( that i haven't started yet...). The last clothing item I made turned out really badly so since I've sewn and learned some new tricks since then, I was pretty optimistic about making this skirt. It seemed really easy while reading it onl...

Captain Marvel Cosplay skirt

I made this pretty awesome Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers skirt and scarf in 2 days time! It was kind of a last minute thing for Twin Tiers Comic Con in Elmira on Sat(8/13). Everything was bought at JoAnn Fabrics and here's what you'll need if you want to make your own: Blue fabric #400104927188 Red Fabric #400045691254 Yellow fabric- I used yellow symphony broadclotch from another project Gold Trim #070659745324 Gold Metallic Elastic( or any other elastic that you want) which can be found in the Notions aisle Star pdf Pellon 911FF iron on interfacing- as big as your star( i used 9 inches) Thread: Coats and Clark "Hero Red" and "Monaco Blue"(I think) also I used this website for reference, which I think I already linked to for my WTNV skirt I pretty much just cut the red fabric shorter than the blue fabric and sewed it on top of it along the waistline, then put in the elastic. The gold trim was sewn onto the red hemline and then the yellow sta...

Farmers Market-week3

This Saturday I think I did pretty well. I was able to sell my Owl(below), which was super cool SOLD! I also sold a heat pack and 2 mini drawstring bags. I haven't seen any coupons yet and I'm really hoping that some come in for the rest of July.