Skip to main content

September is National Sewing Month!




September is National Sewing Month!!
September is National Sewing Month(!!), which means it's the perfect time to finish all those 1/2 finished projects I've started.

I've already started off finishing a laptop dust case I started last year. I say "dust case" because it's not the best protector for your 13 inch Mac Book Pro, but it keeps it clean and you'll be able to show off your favorite Marvel Superheros! (features: quilt batting for thickness, velcro closure, which includes room for the charging cable so you can keep it plugged in and charging while still in the case)



Today I found some fleece I had in a drawer and cut, serged and sewed the edges for heatpacks. I completed one, the other 3 need buttons and I'll save that for a rainy day.



I also went to JoAnns and picked out some fabric for a special order of placemats. I found some cute fabric for this order and I'll need to go back probably at the end of the week for some more

So the projects that will be accomplished by the end of this month, excluding special orders, are:
-Silverware holder
-Wine bottle gift bag
- 2 zebra embroidery gift bags

I'm sure if I look through my fabric stash I could find some more projects that have yet to be finished.

If you haven't done so already, make sure to visit my Shop. If you're a Pinner, click here. If you're on instagram, search #adarlingdesign, and if tumblr is more your thing, click here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WTNV (cosplay) skirt

I MADE A SKIRT! I'm going to a live WTNV show this week. It'll be my 2nd show and (75+ podcasts later) I'm really excited! I wanted to make a really easy skirt without a pattern for awhile now and after scouring the interwebs for an hour I found a couple sites with some pretty easy instructions. (you can check them out here and here ).  I didn't want it to be overly complicated- so no zipper or fabric waistband, but I did want a lining and an elastic waistband. I bought some YaYa Han cosplay brocade (the full cosplay line here ) and some purple lining ( the online picture is a crimson- IRL it's a purple that matches the brocade) from Jo-Anns.  I already had some soft  1.5 in elastic from another project( that i haven't started yet...). The last clothing item I made turned out really badly so since I've sewn and learned some new tricks since then, I was pretty optimistic about making this skirt. It seemed really easy while reading it onl...

Farmers Market-week3

This Saturday I think I did pretty well. I was able to sell my Owl(below), which was super cool SOLD! I also sold a heat pack and 2 mini drawstring bags. I haven't seen any coupons yet and I'm really hoping that some come in for the rest of July.

Timmy the Monkey costume project

This is Timmy, the ThinkGeek Monkey On May 24th, I was on my way to see Avengers( for the 4th time ), and as I was looking at my Twitter timeline I saw this: Hey, I'm a crafter! so I read through the article a couple times to make sure there wasn't a a catch and I wasn't missing anything and signed up( all before the start of the previews)! I received an email later that day with 2 choices that I could pick from: Iron Man or Nick Fury. So, drumroll please - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - I am making Timmy the Monkey an Iron Man suit that he will wear at SDCC(and possible over cool conventions) this year!!! I am super overly excited about this!!!! People across the US get to see something that I made!!!! So how can you stay updated with my Iron Man costume for Timmy??: By searching the keyword #adarlingdesignIronManTimmy on Twitter (or just click here ), you'll be able to see photos and updates o...