Skip to main content

National Sewing Month!

September is National Sewing Month!

Are you excited!??! I am!

So if you would like, you can post a link in a comment of something that you've made(sew-d) and at the end of the month I'll make a post of everything that's been sent in. I think it will be really fun.


Not sure if it was mentioned in a Groton paper, but The Early Settler is going out of business (sad) so I will let you know where and when my items will be available again in a store.


I've moved to a north carolina(!!!!!!) andI'm going to check out some of the local art stores/galleries and see if they consign and ill let everyone know if I'm able to consign with one

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WTNV (cosplay) skirt

I MADE A SKIRT! I'm going to a live WTNV show this week. It'll be my 2nd show and (75+ podcasts later) I'm really excited! I wanted to make a really easy skirt without a pattern for awhile now and after scouring the interwebs for an hour I found a couple sites with some pretty easy instructions. (you can check them out here and here ).  I didn't want it to be overly complicated- so no zipper or fabric waistband, but I did want a lining and an elastic waistband. I bought some YaYa Han cosplay brocade (the full cosplay line here ) and some purple lining ( the online picture is a crimson- IRL it's a purple that matches the brocade) from Jo-Anns.  I already had some soft  1.5 in elastic from another project( that i haven't started yet...). The last clothing item I made turned out really badly so since I've sewn and learned some new tricks since then, I was pretty optimistic about making this skirt. It seemed really easy while reading it onl...

Farmers Market-week3

This Saturday I think I did pretty well. I was able to sell my Owl(below), which was super cool SOLD! I also sold a heat pack and 2 mini drawstring bags. I haven't seen any coupons yet and I'm really hoping that some come in for the rest of July.

Timmy the Monkey costume project

This is Timmy, the ThinkGeek Monkey On May 24th, I was on my way to see Avengers( for the 4th time ), and as I was looking at my Twitter timeline I saw this: Hey, I'm a crafter! so I read through the article a couple times to make sure there wasn't a a catch and I wasn't missing anything and signed up( all before the start of the previews)! I received an email later that day with 2 choices that I could pick from: Iron Man or Nick Fury. So, drumroll please - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - I am making Timmy the Monkey an Iron Man suit that he will wear at SDCC(and possible over cool conventions) this year!!! I am super overly excited about this!!!! People across the US get to see something that I made!!!! So how can you stay updated with my Iron Man costume for Timmy??: By searching the keyword #adarlingdesignIronManTimmy on Twitter (or just click here ), you'll be able to see photos and updates o...