Skip to main content

creatures: big and small


Enter stage left: Milo and the Gang

Last summer, I made this little creature and I named him Milo.


 Milo had to have a younger sister and I named her Lora(pronounced like the name “laura”).



Milo and Lora had to have some friends to play with and so I created: Harold, Suze, Joey and Keli.  Milo and Lora have a new home but the rest are waiting to be adopted




Enter stage right: Owl
Have you ever gone through a stage, or maybe more than one, where you, or a group of friends, become completely obsessed about one thing? I remember in middle school everyone seemed to be obsessed with monkeys. It was weird. Recently, I’ve been going on etsy and searching for “owls”. Any result is fine but the ones I seem more attracted to are the retro looking owls.

I got creative one day and completely out of the blue i sketched out a little owl creature in my drawing pad and then took up one  whole page and created a pattern. Every part of this little owl guy is made out of scrap fabric. The fabric that has owls on it are supposed to be his little wings and that pink triangle is supposed to be his beak, but i guess it kinda looks like a mouth. I got creative and added the little "scale" things on his back, sort of dragon like. But since this it totally something that I made up, it can be anything that I want it to be.



so yeah,
the small first 4 little creatures are $3 each or 2 for $5 and my little owl(who isn't little but like the size of a small pillow) is $10

EDIT: all these creatures have been sold

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WTNV (cosplay) skirt

I MADE A SKIRT! I'm going to a live WTNV show this week. It'll be my 2nd show and (75+ podcasts later) I'm really excited! I wanted to make a really easy skirt without a pattern for awhile now and after scouring the interwebs for an hour I found a couple sites with some pretty easy instructions. (you can check them out here and here ).  I didn't want it to be overly complicated- so no zipper or fabric waistband, but I did want a lining and an elastic waistband. I bought some YaYa Han cosplay brocade (the full cosplay line here ) and some purple lining ( the online picture is a crimson- IRL it's a purple that matches the brocade) from Jo-Anns.  I already had some soft  1.5 in elastic from another project( that i haven't started yet...). The last clothing item I made turned out really badly so since I've sewn and learned some new tricks since then, I was pretty optimistic about making this skirt. It seemed really easy while reading it onl...

Farmers Market-week3

This Saturday I think I did pretty well. I was able to sell my Owl(below), which was super cool SOLD! I also sold a heat pack and 2 mini drawstring bags. I haven't seen any coupons yet and I'm really hoping that some come in for the rest of July.

Timmy the Monkey costume project

This is Timmy, the ThinkGeek Monkey On May 24th, I was on my way to see Avengers( for the 4th time ), and as I was looking at my Twitter timeline I saw this: Hey, I'm a crafter! so I read through the article a couple times to make sure there wasn't a a catch and I wasn't missing anything and signed up( all before the start of the previews)! I received an email later that day with 2 choices that I could pick from: Iron Man or Nick Fury. So, drumroll please - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - I am making Timmy the Monkey an Iron Man suit that he will wear at SDCC(and possible over cool conventions) this year!!! I am super overly excited about this!!!! People across the US get to see something that I made!!!! So how can you stay updated with my Iron Man costume for Timmy??: By searching the keyword #adarlingdesignIronManTimmy on Twitter (or just click here ), you'll be able to see photos and updates o...