Skip to main content

bags

I’m not a bag person. I mean, how many bags does one need?

But one of the things that I do like making are bags.

I went through this stint where I made these little cosmetic/handbag purse things. They were like the most complicated thing I ever made way back when. I have 2 for sale ($15 each or both for $25).
I made a couple for gifts for some people ( some friends, a teacher, a pen pal in Africa). I even entered one in a Quilt Show. I really thought for sure someone would want to buy it.
EDIT:  this bag as been sold

 But, alas, I have 2 that need homes.

I got creative one day at a previous job and stitched out an embroidery. I got home and after a while of it just sitting in my room, I finally came up with something that I could make. A bag. But not just any bag. A padded bag, with 2 straps and a different pattern on the back. Oh, and it had to have buttons.


So now I have this awesome bag that also needs a home. I weight test all my bags and this one holds a lot (how much stuff does one really need to carry?). I tested it with one of my programming books ( and those things weigh a ton). Oh, and this thing is so poufy that it could also double as a pillow.yay naps!

If you’re feeling adventurous, here are the bags at my shop on etsy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WTNV (cosplay) skirt

I MADE A SKIRT! I'm going to a live WTNV show this week. It'll be my 2nd show and (75+ podcasts later) I'm really excited! I wanted to make a really easy skirt without a pattern for awhile now and after scouring the interwebs for an hour I found a couple sites with some pretty easy instructions. (you can check them out here and here ).  I didn't want it to be overly complicated- so no zipper or fabric waistband, but I did want a lining and an elastic waistband. I bought some YaYa Han cosplay brocade (the full cosplay line here ) and some purple lining ( the online picture is a crimson- IRL it's a purple that matches the brocade) from Jo-Anns.  I already had some soft  1.5 in elastic from another project( that i haven't started yet...). The last clothing item I made turned out really badly so since I've sewn and learned some new tricks since then, I was pretty optimistic about making this skirt. It seemed really easy while reading it onl...

Captain Marvel Cosplay skirt

I made this pretty awesome Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers skirt and scarf in 2 days time! It was kind of a last minute thing for Twin Tiers Comic Con in Elmira on Sat(8/13). Everything was bought at JoAnn Fabrics and here's what you'll need if you want to make your own: Blue fabric #400104927188 Red Fabric #400045691254 Yellow fabric- I used yellow symphony broadclotch from another project Gold Trim #070659745324 Gold Metallic Elastic( or any other elastic that you want) which can be found in the Notions aisle Star pdf Pellon 911FF iron on interfacing- as big as your star( i used 9 inches) Thread: Coats and Clark "Hero Red" and "Monaco Blue"(I think) also I used this website for reference, which I think I already linked to for my WTNV skirt I pretty much just cut the red fabric shorter than the blue fabric and sewed it on top of it along the waistline, then put in the elastic. The gold trim was sewn onto the red hemline and then the yellow sta...

Farmers Market-week3

This Saturday I think I did pretty well. I was able to sell my Owl(below), which was super cool SOLD! I also sold a heat pack and 2 mini drawstring bags. I haven't seen any coupons yet and I'm really hoping that some come in for the rest of July.